Upper Sandusky Exempted Village Schools News Article

Medication Rules for School!

If your student requires medication during the school day, we ask that you follow these rules to ensure your student receives their medication safely.

  1. Each medication requires an authorization form. These forms can be obtained at any school office or on the school website.
  2. Prescribed medications require directions and signature of a physician.
  3. Over-the-counter medication authorization forms need completed and signed by a parent/guardian and must include directions for giving the medication.
  4. All medication must be brought to the school by a responsible adult and NOT sent in the child’s backpack or with another student. 
  5. All medications must be in the original container with the student’s name on it.  Prescribed medications must have a current pharmacy label. 
  6. Any change in medications or directions for giving medication will require a new authorization form.
  7. Students who are responsible and wish to carry their own inhaler or emergency medication may do so with a medication authorization form completed by a physician and signed by the parent/guardian.
  8. A new medication authorization form is needed for each school year.

If you have any questions, please contact the nurse for Upper Sandusky Schools, Beth Bower RN at 419-294-3852 ext. 210.  

Print This Article
View text-based website